4 Questions to Ask About Bar & Restaurant Insurance

For anyone operating a bar and/or restaurant in the Boise, ID area, or people who are thinking of starting up this type of business, there are a lot of details to consider. One of those details that sometimes goes overlooked is bar & restaurant insurance. Fortunately, the Fuhriman Insurance Agency can help. There are a number of great options with companies that provide this type of insurance, and getting multiple quotes in one place makes everything easier and less complicated. Additionally, talking to a knowledgeable agent can make things feel less stressful, as well, and help get concerns addressed and questions answered. Here are four questions that should always be asked:

1. Is additional coverage needed beyond this policy?

2. How much is the deductible?

3. What kinds of things are specifically not covered by this policy?

4. How does the serving or not serving of alcohol affect the insurance coverage?

While there are other things a person will want to know about bar & restaurant insurance for their Boise, ID business, these are the main types of questions they will want to ask their insurance agent before they pick a policy and get started. Then they can work with that agent to compile the proper information and determine what else needs to be known.

The more information the agent has about the business, the easier it will be for them to determine the right level of coverage. Someone operating a small restaurant that does not serve alcohol at all may need very different coverage than someone who has a large bar that also serves some food. Both of these can be very viable businesses, and reaching out to the Fuhriman Insurance Agency can help protect those businesses and keep their owners moving forward with their plans and goals.

Are You Legally Required to Buy Workers Compensation Insurance?

If you own a business, you may find yourself wondering if you are legally required to purchase workers compensation insurance. This is a question that we at Fuhriman Insurance Agency, serving the greater Boise, ID area, are often asked. Here is what you need to know about whether you are legally required to buy workers compensation insurance. 

You Have No Employees

If you are self-employed and you do not have any employees, you are not legally required to buy workers compensation insurance. This includes those who only have a spouse that works for them or those who utilize the services of sub-contractors. As long as you do not have anyone that is legally deemed to be an employee, you are not required to obtain and carry this type of insurance. 

You Have Employees

If you employee anyone, even if it is only other person, you are legally required to carry workers compensation insurance by law. This insurance covers the cost of medical bills, lost wages, and permanents injuries if your employee is injured on the job. If you do not carry this type of insurance, you could face heavy fines by the state your business is located in, or your business can even be shut down until you obtain the correct insurance. 

Having the right worker’s compensation insurance is vital to the operation of your business. If you are looking to purchase workers compensation insurance in the greater Boise, ID area, turn to Fuhriman Insurance Agency. We can help you find the right coverage for your business needs. Call us today to schedule an appointment to sit down and discuss your worker’s comp insurance needs.